Although you can get a lot more over $1,000, you can still find some high quality treadmills under $1,000. You just have to know where to look.
Here are our expert’s picks for the very best machines in this price category. All of these are solid choices, with a nice array of features and capabilities along with good cushioning and solid construction. You can’t go wrong with any of the treadmills below.
What can you expect from the best treadmills under $1000?
These will mostly be entry-level or step-up treadmills perfect for light to moderate use. They are not built for heavy duty running or serious training, but rather for walking, jogging and easy running.
Here is what you you’ll find as far as the different components and capabilities:
1. The Motor – Here you will find up to 3.0 CHP (continuous horsepower) motors, which will provide enough power for your jogging and running. These motors are a step up from those on the cheaper models, which are typically only good for very light workouts.
2. Incline Capability – On the best treadmills under $1000 you’ll find incline up to 15% on some models, but look for at least 12%. This is a nice step up from 10% on some less expensive models.
3. Deck Size/Type – The treadmill should have at least 55″ long and 20″ wide decks, but some of the better ones even give you 60″, which is ideal especially for runners and taller individuals.
4. Workout Programs – Most of the better machines under $1000 will come with at least 5 built in workout programs, and some will have up to 30 or more, so look for a treadmill with a wide array of workouts including intervals, heart rate, incline, calorie, weight loss and more. It’s great to have some variety to keep things interesting.
5. Warranty – A good rule of thumb when it comes to warranties on the treadmills under $1000 is it should have 10 years or more coverage on the frame as well as the motor, at least 2 years on parts and at least one year on labor. If you can find at least this level of coverage, you’ve got yourself a solid machine.
Which best treadmill under $1000 should you choose?
Our experts have narrowed it down to make it easier for you, but deciding between the choices given should simply come down to which treadmill has the features and capabilities you are looking for.
NordicTrack, Sole, Horizon and ProForm are all great companies with treadmills at various price points…there’s truly something for every budget level. These are their entry level models, but that doesn’t mean they are lacking in functionality…quite the opposite.
Let’s take a look at our top choices to help you make a decision…
The Horizon T101 is also on our Best Cheap treadmills list because it really offers a lot of value. As such it remains one of the best selling machines on the market. You get solid cushioning, a nice array of workouts, easy folding, incline and a sound system, along with a very respectable warranty…all for under $700.
The ProForm Carbon T7 has the most features and capabilities of all of the best treadmills under $1000, so if you are looking for a lot of extras this may be the one for you. You get a touch screen display, special cushioning, incline, iFit Coach training and plenty of workout programs, as well as easy folding and heart rate monitoring.
The Sole F63 is all about the construction and the workout, and less about the extra bells and whistles. If you just want a solidly built treadmill with great cushioning and higher max weight capacity, the F63 is a very good choice. You get nice incline, solid warranty and a strong, quiet motor.
But again, all three of these best treadmills under $1000 are great choices…it comes down to picking the one with the features and functionality you need.
If you can, opt for a treadmill that is closer to the top of your limit. For example, one that is on sale for $999 will be a much better option than one that is on sale for $799. It might have a stronger motor, better cushioning, some more workouts or increased incline capability.
Whatever it may be, it is worth stretching your budget a little bit to get the best possible features and capabilities. That way you’ll be much more motivated to work out everyday.
Keep in mind that you’re not going to get all of the bells and whistles in a treadmill under $1000. There’s only so much that a company can offer while still keeping the price reasonable. As such you will have to sacrifice somewhere. So choose the features that are most important to you and don’t worry about those that you don’t need. This will help you narrow down your choices as well.