The Health/Recovery Walk
When To Do It
This exercise can be done daily or can be used in a recovery plan from time to time for those who do other walking workouts as well.
Walking every day for 30 to 60 minutes reduces the risk of heart diseases, strokes, diabetes and other serious conditions. Walking or exercising every day is also associated with longevity so you have the best reasons in the world to start doing a sport.
Health Health/Recovery Workout
- Start with a 10 minute warm-up
- Stop and do some stretching exercises in order to prepare your body for the real workout.
- Start the walking workout and bring your heart rate to 50-60% of the maximum heart rate.
- This is a very comfortable rhythm and you should continue walking like this for 30-60 minutes.
- End up with a 5 minute cool-down session and some stretching exercises.