The Distance Walk
When To Do It
A regular person can do this workout once per week. Those who want to train for a race should perform this exercise 2-3 times/week.
This exercise builds endurance and allow you to burn around 100 calories per mile (value that applies for an average person).
The Distance Walking Workout
- Start with a short warm up training session. (Around 5-10 minutes)
- Do a stretching session for another 5 minutes.
- Resume your walk exercise and raise the heart rate at around 75% of the maximum heart rate.
- Walk for 10 miles or longer if you look to raise your endurance.
- End up with a cool down session. Do some stretching and flexibility exercises.