Aaptiv Review – What’s the New Fitness App All About?
Our visitors have been asking for an Aaptiv review for some time now. This fitness app has become quite popular as it offers an alternative to the video based apps like Peloton, iFit and others. Aaptiv is strictly audio based, with trainers guiding you through varied workouts on or off the treadmill.
Let’s take a closer look at Aaptiv so you can decide if it’s right for you….
What Is Aaptiv All About?
Aaptiv is an audio-based subscription fitness app, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Like most fitness apps, Aaptiv offers a wide range of workouts that users can choose from. In fact, there are more than 3,000 workouts available with 50 new ones added every week, so there should be something to fit everyone’s needs. It is currently available on both Apple and Android devices, making it easy to find and easy to use, wherever you happen to be.
The app was founded by Ethan Agarwal, a fitness enthusiast who realized he was struggling to stay motivated during his regular runs while he was traveling for business. Since most fitness apps, like iFit, rely on video presentations that made them virtually useless when he was out on the road and he discovered that very few apps feature an audio only option.
From that simple dilemma came the idea for Aaptiv. With this handy app, it is now possible to enjoy expert-guided workouts wherever you are and with the ability to download workouts you can even access them if you’re in an area with poor WiFi access. Not only is Aaptiv more accessible, its affordable price means your wallet doesn’t have to get a workout too.
How Does Aaptiv Work?
It’s simple, really. You just download Aaptiv like you would any other app and then answer a few simple questions to help the app tailor your workouts for your specific needs and fitness level. Questions include:
• What is your fitness goal? (Are you training for a particular event like a 5K or are you just trying to burn extra calories?)
• What is your fitness level? (Are you new to exercise or a casual exerciser or are you more serious about your workouts?)
• Where do you work out? (Do you exercise at home, at the gym or outdoors?)
• What days do you work out?
• What time do you like to work out?
With your answers to those questions, the app will then suggest a range of beginner classes that you can choose from. Select and complete one and then you’ll be able to unlock all of the other available classes. As you move on through the app you can customize your workout by choosing difficulty level and length of session as well as picking from any one of the many instructors. You can even choose the music you workout to.
Aaptiv offers a number of workout options including treadmill, outdoor running, yoga, elliptical, spinning, rowing, walking, strength training, stretching, meditation, stair climbing and boxing so there’s no reason to get bored.
There are also many different workout programs tailored to specific goals, with titles such as “4-Week Train Like A Boxer” and “4-Week Weight Loss Kickstart”. If you prefer, there are even programs centered around specific themes, including “Celebrity Training Camp” and “Travel-Friendly Fitness”.
You can access the programs to look at each day’s workout in advance or download the entire guide so you can have it with you for reference no matter where you are, even if you have limited or no WiFi service.
How Much Does Aaptiv Cost?
Of course, price is usually a major concern for most app users and this is one of the main areas where Aaptiv really stands out. At just $14.99 per month or $99 per year, the cost is well below that of most other fitness apps.
The yearly subscription usually begins with a free seven day trial and there are often special offers available to give you an even better discount. Each subscription option renews automatically unless you cancel your subscription at least 48 hours before the renewal date.
How Does Aaptiv Stand Up To The Competition?
When you compare Aaptiv with other top fitness apps like Obe Fitness and Peloton Digital, the difference is clear. Again, Aaptiv is much more affordable than most, but you need to bear in mind that it is generally designed around gym workouts, as most of its programs require the use of gym equipment, while the other apps are easier to use for home workouts.
That being said, Aaptiv is certainly easy to use and provides a great workout, even if you have limited WiFi access, something the competition can’t claim.
Aaptiv App Pros and Cons
While Aaptiv may give you a good workout for less money than most other fitness apps that doesn’t mean it’s without its drawbacks. Before you make a decision about using Aaptiv it’s important to understand exactly what you can and can’t expect to get out of it.
• Affordable – As mentioned above, Aaptiv has a very attractive price at just $14.99 per month or $99 per year and potentially even less if you can take advantage of one of their many cost saving offers. • Easy To Use – Just download the app, access it and answer the start up questions and you’re ready to go with a selection of workout programs tailored to your specific needs.
• Get More Out Of Your Gym Workout – The biggest advantage that customers mention is that Aaptiv helps them get the most out of their gym workouts, as it makes them feel as if they have a real, live coach talking in their ear, giving them tips and helping to keep them motivated. Considering how costly most gym memberships can be, that’s a pretty big advantage.
• Reach Your Fitness Goals – Another key advantage for customers is that the extra motivation helps them stick with their fitness plan and reach their goals quicker and easier. Since lack of motivation is the biggest obstacle most people face when it comes to exercise, anything that can keep you on track is well worth the investment.
• Lack Of Visual Instruction – The one area where Aaptiv most often falls short is the lack of visual instruction, which can make it difficult for beginners to determine if they are performing particular skills like yoga poses or weight lifting properly. This can be frustrating and also left some users worried that they might be more at risk for injury.
• Shortcomings With The Weightlifting Programs – Individuals interested in serious weight training may find Aaptiv lacking as most of its weight programs target multiple areas of the body and contain mostly dumbbell circuits. If you’re looking to target a specific area of the body or want a more comprehensive weight program, then this isn’t the app for you.
What’s the Bottom Line on Aaptiv?
In the grand scheme of things, a fitness app should provide a good workout, keep things entertaining to avoid boredom, include expert guidance to help boost motivation and offer an affordable price that doesn’t overtax your wallet. In general, Aaptiv delivers on all these counts and even provides flexibility as its content can be used on or offline. If you’re looking to get the most out of your gym membership or just get a better workout at home, it will be worth your while to check out everything Aaptiv has to offer.